Ms. Acosta joined EFI Global in 2017 and currently serves as a Senior Forensic Engineer for the company’s Florida region. She began her engineering career in 2003 and has worked in the following industries: structural, construction, and forensic engineering. Ms. Acosta has previous experience serving as a forensic, project, design, and consulting engineer. Her areas of expertise are reinforced concrete and steel construction/design, construction defects, flood/catastrophe response, roof specialist, structural failures, and fire investigation, among others.
Ivette is a licensed professional engineer in Florida. She holds a Master of Science and a Bachelor of Science degree from Florida International University in Civil Engineering.
Areas of Expertise
- Roof Investigations (Wind, Hail, and Construction/Installation Deficiencies).
- Water Intrusion, inclusion duration.
- Flooring Failures (Floor Tiles, Laminate Flooring, Solid Wood Flooring.
- Wind Damage to Structure or Cladding Components.
- Structural Damage Assessment (Wind, Fire, Tree and Vehicle Impact, etc.
- Construction Defects and Maintenance Issues (Stucco, Roofing Material, Water Intrusion, etc.).
- Mold Assessment.
- Structural Evaluations (Cracks in concrete, masonry, drywall, stucco, ground vibrations, etc. Also includes structural evaluation of Catastrophic Ground Cover Collapse).